Manufacturer Product Page: https://www.ewswater.com/product/ews-1865-chloramine-filter/
Our Specialty Chloramine Filter Appliance Designed for Areas that Suffer from Heavy Chloramine Use.
Chloramine is a persistent, corrosive compound of chlorine and ammonia requiring a specialized chloramine filter. It is lethal to marine life, causes rashes and skin disorders, and is known for corroding plumbing and appliance connections. Enjoy world-class EWS filtration performance and protection for your entire home for less than 2 cents per day.
Our EWS Chloramine 1865 filtration systems provide chloramine-free, chlorine-free, healthy filtered water. Drink delicious filtered water from every sink in your home, and prevent the absorption and inhalation of water contaminants while showering and bathing.
- Healthy, delicious, odor-free water for your entire home – with one system
- Hassle-free system does not require any regular maintenance or frequent filter changes
- Protects your family from contaminants that are absorbed into the skin while showering and bathing
- 100% pure granular activated carbon (GAC) – no silver impregnation, no metal resins, no fillers
- Proprietary GAC is the highest grade and highest iodine rating available
- Removes and reduces chloramine, chlorine, VOCs, THMs, pesticides, pharmaceutical residues, and much more
- Inhibits hard water build-up in pipes and heaters, and makes for easier spot clean-up on surfaces
- Absolutely no salts, magnets, or chemicals
- Meets or exceeds all FDA, NSF, ANSI, and California State standards and compliances
- Easy installation, similar to a water heater
- 10-year or 5,000,000 gallon filtration media lifespan¹
- 10-year warranty
- Made in the USA
Exclusive water filtration product of the New American Showcase Home and International Builders’ Show. Showcased by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), HGTV, NextGen, DPHA, and more. Available in over 700 Kitchen & Bath Showrooms in the United States.
¹Based on your local water conditions and usage.
What is Chloramine?
Chloramine is a chemical compound of chlorine and ammonia. It does not dissipate or evaporate like chlorine and creates toxic by-products upon contact with organic matter. It is highly corrosive to metal including pipes, fixtures, and appliances and is used by municipalities because it is inexpensive. Chloramine needs specific contact time through a specialized chloramine filter media specifically created to take care of this compound. Chloramine removal requires a larger filtration tank and specialized media to remove this unfriendly compound.
The EWS CC-1865-7 At A Glance.
- For any home with 3+ baths, 4+ people, 1 or more water heaters, and 2+ parts per million (ppm) chloramine.
- Designed for 3/4″ to 1 1/2″ plumbing lines.
- Conditions water hardness up to 500 mg/l or 30 grains.
- 35 gallons per minute (gpm) flow rate – does not limit flow rate or pressure.
- City water or well water*.
Our Standards. Manufactured and Assembled in the USA.
All product and components are compliant for food and beverage contact and comply, meet or exceed all current and applicable standards without exception.
All EWS product has been independently tested by an accredited third-party laboratory to meet and/or exceed all relevant FDA, California State regulations, and NSF standards for all claims made regarding NSF/ANSI standards. All EWS product is No-Lead Compliant to California AB1953.